1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Not sure where to post

Discussion in 'Lawn Care Business Management' started by yankeerose, May 2, 2013.

1. yankeerose

yankeerose LawnSite Member

We are wanting to hire and was waiting to know how what the pay scale is right now we have around 150 accounts in fert and weed control we are a full sevice garden center and landscaping co. we do alot more then fert and weed control right now im the only one lis at this time i just sent a employee to purdue to take his core test im not sure how to pay him (wages ) or % of what he sprays ? just not sure how to handle and should i make him sign some kind of no compete form plus im going to have to train him any ideas thanks Randy

2. doug1980

doug1980 LawnSite Senior Member

Pay depends on your market. When I was in Southern Indiana $12.00 per hour was about as good as it got for a Spray Tech. Course that was a fairly small town. In Northern Florida $12.00 is about the average. I'm on Salary but most are hourly. Hope that helps.

3. yankeerose

yankeerose LawnSite Member

thanks, thats what i have heard

4. andersman02

andersman02 LawnSite Senior Member

We start at salary plus commision on jobs done. Service calls are done by the tech without commission.

Our best techs with the tankers pull in roughy $20/ hr depending on type of app. They have been beasts though, records for our company this year getting 35 jobs+/day