Not the way to start a Friday Morning

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by IRRITECH, Nov 10, 2006.

1. IRRITECH

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

Got to the shop this morning and found this. Not the way I wanted to start a Friday Morning w/a lot of grass to cut. Crew had to run out of the Irrigation truck while I screwed around w/ the insurance companies. No Idea what started it. No the other F150 is not mine.

Truck Fire.JPG

Fire2.JPG

Fire3.JPG

2. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

I am sorry that happened to you. Did your truck have cruise control? If so, did you receive a recall notice. It seems F150's could catch fire spontaneously.

ericg likes this.
  3. IRRITECH

Mine has Cruise and has been fixed, I don't know about the other but I would guess that it hadn't been fixed. Lesson here would I guess be, Pay attention to the @#$% news. When they tell you your truck will burn if you don't get it fixed , then get the @#$% thing fixed.

4. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

WOW thats strange I didnt hear bout any recalls on fords thats a serious issuie they got on their hands. Sorry for the bad luck bro!

5. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

My F150 is a '98. I received a notice about a year ago. They fixed the problem at no charge. If you have a 1997-2003 F150 you might want to check to see if your truck has a recall issued. In the mean time remove the fuse that controls the cruise control.

ericg likes this.
  6. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

No worries here I dont have 1 but now that I think about I think my dads falls in that range better call see if he knows thanks.

7. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry to see what happened. I guess its a good thing you dont keep the truck in a garage or shop!? It could've been a lot worse. count your blessings no one got hurt.

8. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats why you need a Chevy. They don't just....catch fire lol Sorry--too easy.

9. IRRITECH

Your right, My Irrigation truck is a 2000, Chevy 3500 and I don't think it's burned up yet, hang on lemme look................................................................................OH S#$%

10. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

undoing the fuse will not fix the problem.unplug the wire under the hood that is on the end of the brake fluid cup.it is round or odd round,has two wires going to it.the problem is the one wire stays hot no matter what causing the sealer to melt and then fire.you can unplug the fuse and the wire is still hot.