1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Not to blow my own horn...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ground Pounder, May 24, 2001.

1. Ground Pounder

Ground Pounder LawnSite Member

2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Ditto to all that was said over yonder! When you watch the news and see all the fighting and bombing that goes on in other countries you really have to appreciate this country of ours.

God bless every one that has ever served...........you are appreciated.

We lost a 20 year old nephew last August, no war, but on duty nonetheless. He served his country proudly for the short time he was in the service.............we'll miss him forever.:(
  3. Ground Pounder

Your nephew holds a most honorable place. I will remember him with others. God bless him.
  4. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks a bunch!
  5. swn

swn LawnSite Member

Well said Ground Pounder. Thanks to all that have served our great country.
    Homer, sorry to hear about your nephew, your family, along with many others will be in my prayers
  6. Ground Pounder

Moving to the top...excuse me, coming through.:D
  7. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Groundpounder, thanks for thinking of us.
    Since you are trying to keep this at the top and I feel this is an important enough thread to keep it at the top and on this forum, I will post this here too.

I am proud to say I served my country, but I lost a lot of good friends in Nam, God Bless them.

US Army, 1963 to 1965 Hq Battery 310 Communications, 105 Self Propelled Howitzer Unit
  8. Freetime

Freetime LawnSite Member

God bless everyone that has or is still serving our country defending freedom!

We take care of two cemeteries both with veterans in them; every memorial week I place Texas and American flags on the graves and at the cemetery entrance as family members come to visit. I believe it gives them a sense of what these people fought for and gives a deeper appreciation for the ground you stand on.

This is not to boost it is just what I do personally to show my appreciation.
  9. Holloway Lawns

Holloway Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

2/3 ACR Fox TRP M1A1 Tanker here. 1990 - 1998 I think you said it. We should thank all who have served and never forget them. :angel:
  10. Ground Pounder

Rig the thread for surfacing!...surface...surface.