not too late.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chefdrp, Aug 23, 2003.

1. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

I see it not too late to get new lawns for the rest of the year or for next year. Got one today. The people have wanted me since mid season.The other lco was doing a crappy job compared to mine. I have a lawn 2 houses down. well they finally got fed up and are etting out of the contract they have. the other company was charging 80 bucks for the lawn. i did it today in 30 min. charging 40 bucks. and am doing a way better job.you big boys better shape up or little guys will take your jobs.

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Will you be taking all of them at 1/2 price?

3. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

not half price. the right price.It was just the one lawn i took from the other company.

4. mrbenfer

mrbenfer LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

Yea If I charged a dollar a minute I would be out of business in no time. I shoot for 40-45 an hour. That covers my overhead just fine and doesnÂ’t qualify me for the lowballers club. :)

5. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

$40.00 for 30 minutes sounds nice to me....... I dont see where you "Lowballed"..... sounds like you're gettin a fair price for a good job...... works for you and the customer.......

I believe in "Just keep doing a good job, and the work will come to you" It's worked for me so far, and sounds like it's working for you.

6. PPLMike

PPLMike LawnSite Member

If they told you that the previous LCO was cutting it at 80 bucks a week, but they felt you did a better job...

Personally, if they're willing to pay for bad service at 80 dollars, I charge them 60, even if I would normally charge 40. If they're willing, so am I.

They won't complain because for 1, you're doing a better job. And for 2, you're doing it cheaper than the previous LCO.

7. GLAN

GLAN Banned

What ever the prices are or the circumstances

Your question was about taking on new customers now and for next season.

The answer is Yes. If you have time to take on customers at any time of year then most definitely do it.

I am taking on customers every month, and it don't appear to be stopping anytime soon. Have also signed contracts for new clients next season.

8. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

this year it has been continous(getting new clients), but other years it seemed to be spring mostly, then a couple in fall

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We'be picked up like 6 or 7 in the past 2 weeks...some of the residentials are pretty big too (around 3 acres).

10. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

just acquired 4 new accounts, the guy that was cutting them left for college.