Not very happy with my bobcat S250

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by start2finish, Jun 6, 2006.

1. start2finish

start2finish LawnSite Senior Member

my machine is a S250 and is 18 months old and has 550 hours on it . all 4 drive chains have to be completely replaced. they are streched, the dealer is a week behind on the work and has no explanation as to why they are damaged. The only good news is the extended warranty will pay for the work. But we have to pay for shipping. probably will not have another Bobcat...........

2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

This is why I don't understand why having the ability to adjust the chains is a bad thing. Bobcat markets their nonadjustable chain case as a positive thing. I have had only one chain adjustment on my machines. It sure is better to be able to adjust them as opposed to replacing them. Especially when the machine comes off of warranty. My guess is they will find something wrong with that machine when they tear it down. Something must be out of spec to cause the chains to stretch like that in such a short amount of time. If they don't find anything I would be worried. They may stretch again and you may be out of warranty the next time.

3. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Did you buy the machine used?

4. start2finish

no brand new, also bought an extended warranty. The bobcat is at the dealer we purchased from. They would not give us a loaner either, but offered to rent a machine to us. Our next machine will not be a bobcat!

5. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Ouch, no loaner? That is BS.

6. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i would call corporate and pitch a fit on no loaner

7. start2finish

they claim it is their policy only to loan on a machine with less than 100 hours. says alot about reliability.

8. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

I just noticed that you're in NC -- I'm in Sanford right now. What dealer is this?

I hope it's not a reliability issue that's behind the loaner policy -- but it does sound silly otherwise.

9. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Under 100 hours? That's terrible service, sorry you got tied up with a loser dealer.

10. start2finish

PIEDMONT BOBCAT, in Kernersville. They also have stores in Ashboro as well as Asheville.

you know, if they didn't have anything avaliable thats one thing, but we called about a popping noise and we asked to bring it in immediately. Well I explained that we needed it bad and it still worked fine, just there was something seriously wrong (we were 100 miles from home working that day) We were told that if we had the machine in first thing the next morning they would tear it down and order necessary parts and hope to have it done by Friday (3 days). Well it has been there over a week. We need the machine right now, we are building a swimming pool and I am having to move dirt twice with the excavator instead of having help with the bobcat (i already hauled off the excess, loaded with excavator as it was dug out.) I talked with my kubota salesman and he offered to bring me a demo (takehuchi, new holland, or asv) if it would help us out. I am reluctant to take him up on this because it isn't his problem. The dealer that sold us the machine, sells us filters and oil should take care of their customers.