'nother Noob, from Northern Illinois

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Paul's Green Thumb, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Paul's Green Thumb

Paul's Green Thumb LawnSite Member

So, hello all. I've been contemplating being my own boss for years, and am finally in the position to get the ball rolling. I've chosen an outdoor industy because I love fresh air & being active! My startup will be called Paul's "Green Thumb" Garden, Gutters & Lawn. I plan on starting out with residential services, and hopefully I can expand into some commercial contracts as I learn and grow. Will probably be a sole proprietorship for the first year or two.

I currently have a Tacoma pickup, and am planning on buying a 6x12 enclosed trailer (Wells Cargo looks very nice). I just picked up a nice Stihl FS 100 RX trimmer, and am looking at a Stihl backpack blower as well. I have a 21" Toro homeowner-grade mower, and assorted hand tools. Gotta research the best mower, 'cause I know that the little Toro won't last...

My bro-in-law is a graphic artist, so I have high hopes that the logo he is working on will be cool, lol. I plan on starting with magnetic truck signs, door hangers, business cards, and probably polo shirts with my company name on them. I'll be networking with all my friends & family for referrals. I'm hoping to learn how the networking thing works real fast, heh.

I just thought I'd say that this is a great website! Loads of good info here.:)

Wish me luck! :usflag:

Any advice or suggestions will be appreciated. :drinkup: