nothern lco's, dimension or pre-m

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawn king, Feb 8, 2005.

1. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

After many years of pre-m,following several years of team,following many years of balan that was after tuppersan, we have had good luck with dimension and plan to continue it's use! Pre-m or dimension?

2. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

dimension
    is my choice works well

3. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Dimension- split application
    if for no other reason it doesn't turn everything yellow.

4. Enviro Green

Enviro Green LawnSite Senior Member

What rate of ai per acre on your dimension spilts?

We are planning on using splits this season.

EG

5. lawn king

We have never done split apps, and never will! We get good control with one app,proper mowing height and watering!

6. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

King we do one app of granular fert & dim, then I sell a 2nd treatment (done with regular rd 2 ) that is a liquid spray, sometimes dimension or acclaim. Its priced for acclaim, this coming year I will try more dimension

7. lawn king

That is a great idea james,sell a second crabgrass treatment and apply it on the regular schedule round 2. that saves time and time is money,i like it!!!

8. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

I use the 4.13 lbs/1,000 rate. It is a little high since the labels says we are in the North region. But I really feel that we are still transition here. (same zone as VA). I have tried single apps and I have tried lower rate split apps and have had failure.

I would imagine that up in MA and north of me could get away with one app. I don't feel comfortable doing that around here.

9. lawn king

One app works fine for us,the few callbacks we receieve we treat with drive.I will never work with pre-m again,the results are good but the product is filthy!

10. Turf Smart

Turf Smart LawnSite Member

I think both have advantages and disadvantages. The Pre-M is very messy to work with because of the yellow color but does work very well on summer annual weeds like oxalis and spurge. Dimension has a much longer residual and more effective on crabgrass, but, I question its control on summer annuals. Dimension is also restricted-use in NY so an applicators license is required, but I am safe.