1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Nothing Worse Then A Pickie Client!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Hometown Lawn Care, Aug 11, 2003.

1. Hometown Lawn Care

Hometown Lawn Care LawnSite Member

No matter what you do, and how good you do it they always find something wrong with it and make you do it over.

OMG!! anybody else have experiance with pickie clients? and if so tell us the storie! i'd tell you mine but it brings up too many haunting memorys....
  2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

"make you do it over?" nah, i dont think so.
  3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Let me guess, elderly person or Indian.
  4. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

indian? hmmm
  5. Hometown Lawn Care

Hometown Lawn Care LawnSite Member

worse, independent middle-aged divorced women
  6. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Nope, people like that I give it right back to them. I tell them that I am a very reputable company, and if my professional work is not acceptable to them to find Joe schmo to mow their lawn. Most people like that just need a taste of their own medicine. If they continue after that, they can find someone else to piss on. Or off for that matter. :cool:
  7. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: i would have to say they arent pickie but very weiny, call every 3 days to see when your gonna trim the bushes, just rained here everyday in august and your worried about your bushes, not like im performing heart surgery, your bushes will get done. many have no idea how weather effects our business, tony
  8. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Yes I admit I am like the rest of ya...Complain once, and I'll hand ya the yellow pages Theres hundreds of lco's in there.........Done it a couple times already.
  9. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

When I saw the thread title I thought "Man I love pickie clients" BUT not chronic complainers. Best customer is as pickie as they get but he pays for it.... 24 man hours per week. If they want to be nit pickers they have to pay for a quality job.
  10. mottster

mottster LawnSite Member

there's a lot worse then picky clients. picky clients are very good for your business. You learn what people like and you can show others what you know and get better business.

yes, they can be annoying by calling all the time but what i do, rather then just giving them up is telling them that I am more then happy to fix what i messed up but i have to schedule it in with all my other clients and it may be next time i'm scheduled to mow their yards before i can fix what i did. I stress to them that calling repeatedly does not get me to their house any quicker, that all they have to do is tell me what i missed, or messed up and i'll fix it as soon as i can.

I must be smokin somethin...i just read what i said. :dizzy: