Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 6'7 330, Oct 31, 2005.

1. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Who's going to give back a little to the men and women who have kept ,and continue to keep this country free, with maybe a free mow or a bit of landscaping, for Veterans Day?
  2. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

or how bout just a fruit basket on front step for national lawn customer appreciation week? i salute the marine i sent home crying on his first and only day with us last year!
  3. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

That should be an interesting story...
  4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

omg i think i have gas again ;)
  5. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

right, been a while

semper fi...

really miss the big ball....
  6. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

Each November 11th there is a free Pancake and Sausage breakfast open to the public in my hometown. My VFW post alternates with the American Legion Post in presenting this event. It is our year to be the host for the breakfast.

Veterans, kids, housewives, singles and people of all ages are welcome.

This is another contribution from the Veterans to the community.

7. BobcatZT

BobcatZT LawnSite Member

Why? Was he a smoker?:rolleyes:
  8. 6'7 330

I have two nephew's in Iraq, their two future wives are getting their lawns and landscapes taken care of,and dad's old buddy a WW2 vet gets his taken care of.

And I'm taking out some WW2 and Korea old timers,friends of my dad's for a time on the town.But most important,If you know an old time WW2 vet,take the time to go to senior centers and visit with them,you don't know how much it means to these Extraordinary guys!Then take a few minutes of your time with them ,they gave us years of theirs and our freedom.
  9. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Not all are in the senior centers yet. I know a couple that still want to kick azz and they sure ain't kids :help: Those were and still are some of the toughest sobs on this planet.
    Spend as much time as possable with them and learn about history from someone who made it, you don't have many around anymore.
  10. 6'7 330

Right you are,but many are without families ,and just a few words and a listening ear means a lot to them!