1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Novae Proslide XT sulkey

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Hartnett Lawn Care, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Hartnett Lawn Care

Hartnett Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I have a 48" Scag walk behind (belt driven).

Has anyone used this product? Novae Proslide XT...it looks like a flat plate.

I weigh 225lbs.

Is there a weight limit.

I know...I need to lose a few lbs...maybe this will be the incentive/:walking:

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

I have never owned one ,you may just tell me to shutup but those things are the stupidest things I have ever seen period!
  3. PTOhioMower

PTOhioMower LawnSite Member

Im sure the Wright brothers had lots of people telling them their invention looked stupid. Thats because they had no idea what it was. Have you actually ever seen one besides on the net?

Each brand and style of sulky serves a different purpose. I dont think there is a velky out there that is the "BEST for EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE". Each has pros and cons, you need to weigh both and go from there. A Proslide may not work well for your application, but in my area and on my route I wouldnt use anything else!
  4. PTOhioMower

You might have some problems because you are using a belt drive mower.

Here is their website. Check it out.

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

At least the Wright brothers had enough sence to use wheels on their invention.
  6. PTOhioMower

Actually, it SLID on a 60 foot monorail!!!!

7. lordmaximus240

lordmaximus240 LawnSite Member

I bought one in april..its the only one I will ever use. Why? Have you watched the video on their website? I suggest you check it out, its the smoothest ride around.
    There are no wheels,bearings, or axles to wear out. It does not get in the way and its easy to put up or down. The only drawback I have is you cant "ride" over concrete. It takes some getting used to and with a belt drive you will have to get used to turns.
    I HIGHLY recommend it.
  8. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

i have one on my walkbehind and i will never buy a velke again. Not only is it a smooth ride but the strips are unbeatable.
  9. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

just remember to change the skid plate when it wears I used to get about 8 months out of mine using it on hard surfaces.
  10. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I hope you're kidding! The XT is without question the best sulky, and I've used most of them!