Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SpudsM15, Feb 7, 2003.

1. SpudsM15

SpudsM15 LawnSite Senior Member

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Blower racks are Perfect, Weed racks You have to Put One out Side Of The rail and The other One On The Other Side Of The rail. This Will Prevent Your Grip Handles From peeling.
  3. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the Gridiron bp blower rack. I agree it was a little pricey ($115.00, if I remember correctly) but it is a very easy to use and a very solid unit. I've had it for about a yr. or so. I admit I really didn't do alot of shopping around. I was at an open house at my Exmark dealer's place and there was one on display. I liked it and bought it, glad I did. Good luck.
  4. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, I have the Grid Iron Rack System. I've had it for the last 3 years and can honestly say that it's worth every penny that it costs. I know of NO OTHER SYSTEM that you can load and lock with only one hand! I mean holding your trimmer with one hand and puting that trimmer into the rack and lock it in without touching anything other than the trimmer with that one hand. It's made from galvanized and aluminum so it will never rust. It's ridgid as can be. No other system even comes close. It may be a little more expensive than other systems but IMHO it's worth it.
  5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

My friend has them on his Triton (all aluminum 16' $3800) trailer. He seams to like them. They matchte trailer real nice.
  6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

We have 2 BP blower racks and they are great. They are mounted to a wood post on the trailer on the outside so we can get at them easier. I am extremely happy with them.
  7. SpudsM15

Ok now I have a 12" side on my trailer to hold 2 trimmers i would need the 3' post right? and 3 trimmers a 4' post?
    Can you put trimmers on on side of the racks and then blowers on the other side?
  8. SpudsM15

also how good is that locking system it looks good. That is the feature that i like the best. I'm so afraid my stuff is gonna get stolen.
    This year i finnally stoped buying cheap stuff and now i'm so paranoid that some is going to take my $400 blowers or $300 trimmers. SO i carry that stuff into the backyard when i'm back there! and locking it up instead of carrying it will be awsume. Maybe not theif proof but a deterant!
  9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I Have a 10 Foot trailer I Have Both On It, I will Take a picture for you. The Locks Are deterrent ONLY If Someone Wants Your stuff They Will get It.I'm Not sure About the Blower,Weed whacker racks Together I Will look at It For you. I Have found To get the tallest Polls All The time.
  10. SpudsM15

Thanks John, It'd be great if you can a blower on the other side of the rack. And since i am on a very small budget that'd save a hundred bucks!