1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

now and then

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by wrm, Mar 7, 2007.

1. wrm

wrm LawnSite Member

Great info guys, very new to the bus. me and my partrner trying to get
    as much business we can handle. proposed on 2 commercials, working
    on residentials.if you knew then what you know now, what would you
    have done differently in starting up and growing. we are in middle management and ready to quit and go all out.
    CleanCut Lawncare
    " small company BIG RESULTS"
  2. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

Best advice i can give you is dont quit your other jobs. If i knew what i know now, i would have probally never have started my own Lawncare/landscape maintenance business. Its getting harder and harder to make any money at this line of work . By the time you buy/replace equipment pay all insurances,pay workmans comp, pay more insurance, pay taxes on what little you make it just isnt worth it anymore Plus there are to many start up companies who come in and underbid the work and are gone in a year or two but they all ready ruined the pricing structure . I could go on and on but take my word for it from someone who has been a fulltime LCO since 1993
  3. Dempsey7

Dempsey7 LawnSite Member

Dont quit your other jobs yet. Wait til you've got a full weeks worth of work atleast and you know what your costs and profit is. Then determine whether or not it's a steady income for you