1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Now here's some circle jerkers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare3, May 10, 2003.

1. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Circle jerk or not, If you are embarrassed of your own work then you shouldn't be making fun of someone else's.

By the way that is a very small lawn. maybe he just can't help it on that lawn and makes perfect straight lines on larger lawns. He might have double cut it also leaving twice the tire marks.

That lawn looks like a lawn for a smaller mower.

2. the scaper

the scaper LawnSite Senior Member

ya'll need to start paying attention, i'ts obvious he's preping the yard for a rice patty!:D

3. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Chickety china the Chinese chicken!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Those areas are so small I wouldnt even bother striping them. Besides a 60"er would have a hard time to begin with!

5. the scaper

the scaper LawnSite Senior Member

its also possible that he was just giving a cheap customer exactly what they paid for:waving:

6. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Keep in mind a lot of customers (probably 80-90% here) don't give a rats *** about striping. Striping, for the most part, is a way for landscapers to justify that they mow lawns for a living. I have the best stripes, yada yada, does the customer care? Are you taking additional time to do it? No, and Yes. Don't get caught up in the lawnsite groove and believe everything here is what the customer wants.

Disclaimer: If done properly, stripes look great. There are a few people on here that really perfect it, and looks good. I stripe, but mostly out of necessity, because my damn eXmark can't NOT stripe, and it would look horrible to have all sorts of crazy lines in the lawn. If it could NOT stripe, I have a few lawns taht would be far easier (time savings of 50%) to not stripe.

In the restaurant industry, why do you think chef's wear check pants? It distracts the customers from seeing any stains... Apply that here.

7. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Do lawn circles go the other way in China like toilets flush the popposite way in australia?:D

8. Dan1944

Dan1944 LawnSite Member

Yep, that is definitely a cyptic message.