1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Now Hiring! Anyone looking for a job?

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by mjlcare2, Aug 18, 2013.

1. mjlcare2

mjlcare2 LawnSite Member

Anyone have any suggestions as to where to find decent employees. Craigslist isn't doing much these days.

I am hiring 2 guys, must be able to drive and have some common sense, I can train the rest. Spread the word if anyone knows anybody looking for work..

East Orlando

Jarrid Clark
    M.J. Lawn & Landscape
  2. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

"must be able to drive and have some common sense"

Your asking too much, those guys go in business for themselves. lol

Finding good help is defiantly a never ending process in our industry.
  3. Vecchio Lawn Care

Vecchio Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Exactly sprinkler. You will not find a good common sense filled worker right off the streets that can drive a trailer and run a mower. Your going to have to train 99% of people to work up to your expectations.
  4. mjlcare2

mjlcare2 LawnSite Member

I wasn't expecting to not have to train.. the "must be able to drive" indicates the legal and physical ability to drive a vehicle.. such as have a license, not be blind, etc. common sense isn't something you can train. but you can train someone with some common sense
  5. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

Good luck the last 8 years 17 employees come and gone here just to keep 1 or 2. Now started paying $15 hour has helped retain.
  6. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Man all the good guys with experience already got jobs for the rest of the summer. Look for employees winter time when they get laid off for the slow season. Good luck
  7. mjlcare2

mjlcare2 LawnSite Member

Yeah I hear ya.. I don't have much of a slow season.. We are growing incredibly right now.. I have been asking around, fellow LCO's etc, Tried craigslist, etc.. but nothing yet.