Now I'm confused. Any advice.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nitro121, Oct 26, 2004.

1. nitro121

nitro121 LawnSite Senior Member

I've been looking at a Yazoo/kee's ZTR for about 5600 w/ a 19 kaw. This past year was my first in part time business. I'd like to advertise more and see if I can make this thing grow. But then I read about the Jazee One (residential/commercial) and it seems well built and 3200 bucks. Here's my problem....unless I can get a decent guy to take my truck, trailer and mowers around (use a reg. riding mower now) I'll just be hoping to cut about 20-25 hours every two weeks and still work full time. Can a Jazee w/ maintenance hold up you think for next year and see if this thing takes off....they seem well built and I know it'll pay for itself like my equipment did this year. So here are my choices.

1. Yazoo/Kee's $5600
    2. Jayzee One $3200

3. Walk behind $3200'ish (more or less)

Plus, why do people use walk behinds?? Some of them cost as much as a ZTR.

2. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Depends on the size of the props and conditions you have it under. The Yazoo would be better in my opin. because if you decide to get out after a year better resale. If you decide to satay in then all the better equiped for next season. WB good for some situations ZTRs aren't. Overall twidth may be a factor, some offer the advantage of a smaller that normal ZTR deck but bigger than a 21. Depends on what you're doing. Look at your properties really closely and if possible rent one or demo one of each type and see which suits your work the best.