NOw IM MAD!!!!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by kipcom, Mar 24, 2005.

1. kipcom

kipcom LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

The little "rip-off" Trucrud Chemical lawn company is soliciting my customers and telling them (the customer) their lawn has been serviced by them...NOT !!!! customers have been calling our office to confirm that their lawn was in fact serviced by our company....Thats just down right "WRONG" :realmad:

Oh yes... I will be calling the attorney generals office and filing a complaint TODAY.

PLay fair in my playground...oR eLse :dizzy:

2. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

That sucks! Keep us posted!

3. Garth

Garth LawnSite Senior Member

All the Tru-Green crews in this area only speak Spanish, and rich white people don't trust 'em. Needless to say, we've been taking their accounts from them. In fact, yesterday we were awarded one of the state contracts that they were doing. Another 114K..Ka-Ching

4. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

They have the market cornered in ways to aquire customers and will stoop to any level. One of the reasons (of many) they get started so early in the year. Saw 1 guy putting his pre M for crabgrass down in Late January in Iowa with plenty of snow on the ground. They are their own worst true enemy and this is why they have had to resort to just showing up and applying chemicals. The telemarketing ban put a hurt on them!

5. kipcom

kipcom LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

I just ran the little rats out of our neighborhood !!!!! I put the word out and saw people telling them to leave ROFLMAO !!!! I luv being the HOA president...NO SOLICITING !!!!! :cool2:

6. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

kipcom, love your sig!

Haven't had too much trouble with TrueGreen around here. People try them for a year or two, and then get fed up with them calling every two weeks offering to put down another pesticide for some invented problem with their lawn.

7. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

That's funny. One of my clients decided to go with me to fertilize this year because of that. They were supposed to only spend about $650 for the year with fert. They ended up spending over double! "Mr. X, we saw a bug that could cause major problems to your landscape. Would u like for us to treat it. It's only $175."

8. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Chemlawn's marketing practices have always been their downfall,the saga continues..................

9. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes thats why they went from a $1 billion dollar company 5 years ago to $3 billion last year

10. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Yes,and constantly turning over customers in the process. It will catch up..................