Now that's a hill!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KirbysLawn, May 15, 2001.

1. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Behind a new Lowes here in Matthews they have a very impressive hill, I sure would not want to mow it, look at the slopes at the far end.

2. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

Not trying to brag but i have mowed those types of hills for a big commercial job with an exmark turf tracer 60". Those are the best mowers to use they are like spiders on webs. Its easy for me because im short but tall people hate it. I live in the hills every lawn i do is a big hill and i ride a dixie. OUCH.

3. not bad. one of the guys who owns the deli. he lives at the bottom of a hill that is worse than that. you go down the driveway and you are praying that your brakes work. cause all you see is the blue skies in front of you for a bit until the nose goes down. i hate hills like that. but i guess you get more for your money if you buy land that is on a big slope?
  4. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

It seems like every new business has steep hills that cant be mowed.I think they are trying to use to maiximum amount of the property and do not care if they have a rutted out,steep hill in front.
  5. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i think ill start a new buisiness just for steep hills.
    call it RENT A GOAT.
  6. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

The ol boys keepin' his lines straight though. The Lowes I mow is flat as a flitter, thank goodness.
  7. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

NO Lie. I saw a hill, that was mowed up and down like that. It was done on a major hiway and I only wish I had my camera. The stripes would have told the story. That LCO was crazy!
  8. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

has anybody tried one of mowers like in turf mag? its two wheeled and the deck supports the whole mower with two hydraulic pistons. or what about the excel hustler hillsider? i sure wouldnt want to mow a place like that in the pic with my lazer, but i wondered if anybody has tried either of those machines?
  9. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's one of ours ;->
  10. turfguy33

turfguy33 LawnSite Member

:blob3: I looked at the Dew-eze hillside mower. There built tough, and would make an excellent addition to someone who has many hills that can't be mowed or at least I should say, mowed safely. The only downfall is the price. A few bucks shy of 20 grand..............Too much for my blood. I can mow some steep banks, similar to the pitch on the hill in the picture, but its not near the size, only about 3 or 4 passes and I'm done. The only problem was I couldn't get on it in the morning, cuz the dew caused the grass to be too wet and and I would fish tail around in a heart beat. That looks like a Job for Joshua, he seems to have it going on when it comes to the 65 degree hills. LOL.........just joking