Now thats Loud!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by South Florida Lawns, Apr 6, 2006.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Today while I was on my Z I thought man its great with hearing protection I can't hear anything except for the hum of the Kawi.

Just then I hear a crack across the sky followed by a very loud roar.

I look up just in time to see 2 F-18's tear up the sky, I couldn't even hear my mower it was that loud.

That was cool.

2. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

I was working at a car dealership doing some mainframe installs about 15 years ago in Irvine, right by the Naval Air Station (or Marine base, I can't remember which) and the F-18's would fly over all day long. I love the sound of those bad boys screaming across the sky and the rumble we felt was especially cool because we were in the approach pattern so they were pretty low passing over. Simply AWESOME!

3. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I used to love to go to the airshows at McDill AFB in Tampa and see the F14 Tomcats fly by at over 500mph with their wings swept back at about 500 ft for the crowds. Absolutely awesome!

4. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

I went to my first airshow last year up in Westfield Mass.It was amazing I got to see a A10 demo , F 15s, an old mig , the USAF Thunderbirds even the stealth bomber did a flyover.I am definitly going again this year .The website says the Blue Angels are coming this time.:drinkup:

Ill attach a couple pics i took from last year.

Picture 045.jpg

5. jt5019

One of the crowd favorites

Picture 039.jpg

6. jt5019

My favorite

Picture 034.jpg

7. jt5019

One of course the Thunderbirds

Picture 020.jpg

8. jt5019

ok 1 more .. there was so many acts it's a all day event but one of the best times ive had.

Picture 040.jpg

9. rough cut

rough cut LawnSite Member

Did 2 years groundcrew for the t-birds. Nightshift on the #5 aircraft (the one which flies inverted most of the time). Was great to do tied down max engine runs in full burner. If you were unlucky enough to be running ground, instead of in the cockpit, your knees would feel like jello and your feet would buzz due to the extreme noise from the pratt engine. In the air the jets are loud. Tied down and running max burner the are LOUD!!!

10. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

the stealth bombers are so cool. they fly by here some. the base is 60 miles away.