Now this is a good news phone call !!!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by bigw, Jan 7, 2008.

1. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

ok i got 10,000 address's for my post cards and the original deal was they were to be used only 1 time for the set price.Anyway ive had them for a few weeks now and today when i want to start applying them to my new post cards i noticed that some of them were actually row home / town house type of dwellings that were on streets in my home town that basically dont have lawns or not very big ones.I also know for a fact that some of these homes are renters because i know the people renting them.Now mind you only about 15 out of say the first 200 that i did were in this row home catergory but hey i payed for " single homes" "home owners" only SO WHAT DID I DO? I became a salesman again and i made the call....Hello my name is David and i bought 10k address's from you and as im clearly looking at my reciept i orderd single homes/ home owners only and as i was doing my labels i found some that i know for sure are rented homes and also rowhomes with very little lawns."OH well thats what you said you wanted mr david...i said if i called my realtor today and said i want to buy a single home do you think he would take me to see rowhomes...she says..no probably not. Then she says the good old "can you hold on mr david..lol i need to talk to my supervisor" sure go ahead heather....David are you their...oh yes im here.OK this is what we are going to do,we have to charge you 25$ cancelation fee for the first 10,000 and then we are going to produce and fedx a new 10,000 address's for the towns originally orderd and this time they will all be single family dwellings with no rowhomes or town homes or apts...I say wow that would be great,but what do i have to do with these other 10k address's that i already have heather??:confused:..Hold on ill brb David...David my super told me you can do what ever you want with them since it was our mistake.You mean i can use them or sell them...yep whatever you want.I say thanks alot heather you really helped me out ...your welcome David please use us again for your next mailing.....and im thinking oh i will but it will be my 10,000 free ones first!! lol...Now aint that a great story!:weightlifter:.. P.S. I guess now i can do a multiple mailing,but at a much less cost .

2. bigw

Probably around 9700 of the original order were single homes but because they messed up they are replacing all 10k with all new...I know this dont sound like a big deal but at the cost of getting ahold of these address its a big deal to me. Besides these new ones include being on the labels and fedx to me for free!

3. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

So, they mailed them with postage or just the address information

4. bigw

these were address's only but still!

5. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

who was your company? and what type of price did you pay. I am looking into ordering a list and want to compare to the offers i have been getting.

6. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah who did you use? That's awesome for you. I might save the rest for fall cleanups.

7. bigw

i payed around 6 something,ill post the name as soon as i get the new address's.I dont want anyone to call them and say but you did this for him and make them think twice about letting me keep the others. probably wouldnt happen but dont want to chance it...lol

8. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

6 what? $6, $600, $6000. I am guessing $600 for the 10k. How many criteria did they allow? I know the ones that i am looking at allow a certain number of criteria and then you have to pay for extra criteria.

Oh, i don't think anyone is stupid enough to try and pull something like that. If you are affaid of that then send me a pm with the info.

9. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

everyone should shop around I paid $1500 for 50k leads and i also paid $750 for 15k leads now I have given up and bought the leads for the entire state for $200.

10. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

How many lawns are you shooting for? I saw your other post about selling 33% in the auto bus, just curious what your hopes are for this line of work?