Now This Tops All Scrubs!!!! Top This Sighting!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by supper_slash, May 4, 2005.

1. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

no kidding, I could read these all day......but my buddy and I used to pull a big trailer, with a cub lawn tractor around with a 4 wheeler, of course we doubled on the 4 wheeler pulling the mower and trailer that weighed more than us. Sometimes we would go for like 10 miles or so too.

2. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

i hope you are kidding!

:blob3: :blob3: :D :D

3. I26

I26 LawnSite Member

I wish I would run across one of these people. I think I would honk the horn and give them the big "Kramer" thumbs up like when he was on the back of that ladder truck going down the street.

4. PYMLscape

PYMLscape LawnSite Member

Maybe the guy was an environmentalist -- but then he would be using a reel mower and a scissors.....

5. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

How about an old Schwinn 3 wheeler like grandma rode with a gang of 3 reel mowers behind it mowing. I stopped and watched for 15 minutes in disbelief 3 years ago. He was mowing a million dolllar house on the ocean. He then used a battery powered Black & Decker trimmers (cira 1970) to trim with. When he left I knocked on the door and asked the owner what they had just paid for the 1/3 acre lot to be cut. $5 bucks cut twice a week.

6. GrassMasterNC

GrassMasterNC LawnSite Member

If that guy had an extra brain cell or two, he'd just crank it up and pull the mower around the yard still attatched to his bike! ha ha ha thanks for the humor!

Matt

7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Not that this one relates to our industry, but I saw a smaller pickup truck with 3 ladders in the back and to keep them from falling out, they were all duct taped to the sides of the truck. I should have followed it and taken a pic, but more than likely they would have fallen out and hit me.

8. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Last summer I saw 2 guys, a teen and a guy old enough to be his dad..... walking door to door. Kid had a Lawn Boy, older guy had a weed whip slung over his shoulder.

9. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

I just watched the news and they had a story about some people ripping off bank customers with BS about "they won the lottery, give me a couple grand and we can split the mil I won crap" this guy claimed he lost 4 grand, showed him mowing a few acres with his 21" Craftsman, he was a 1/4 way done and the news guy asked him what was he going to do with the money he lost? His answer, "I was going to by a rider machine"!!! :D

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I started out much less fortunate than the guy in the picture. I was a kid, the roads were gravel, no bike, no trailer, no trimmer, and only one gas can.