Now What? Scalped

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by showags, May 21, 2013.

1. showags

showags LawnSite Member

Long story short, my neighbor is in rehab and has random people come over to cut his crass (not sure why he never asked me). Any way, this last time, Mr. Joe Lawn Tractor operator decided to make a U-Turn...in my yard. You can see the damage done (I have tried to get my neighbor to raise his cutting height forever). It looks like most of the crowns are still there, but I am concerned about weed infestation. What would your next steps be for this? Put some starter down? Nothing?

Thanks

Lawn Scalp.jpg

2. Forever Green Landscaping

Forever Green Landscaping LawnSite Member

If they cut on your property make the company or your neighbor pay to have it sodded

3. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

That little bit should come back on its own with doing nothing. That would still get under my skin, maybe install a narrow bed with something low maintenance in it, so he can't make that turn with his mower.

4. Colaguy

Colaguy LawnSite Senior Member

I'd install some sharp metal spikes along the boundary & post a warning sign

Danger!!!
    Sharp Spikes
    Tire Killers

B E W A R E!

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

That is what pink flamingoes on stiff wire legs are for. A few mole traps or lawn treatment signs would also work nicely in the future. This should recover on its own.

6. Hissing Cobra

Hissing Cobra LawnSite Senior Member

If the crowns are undamaged I believe it'll be fine and recover nicely. You'll just have to play the "wait and see" game now.

7. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

I think aliens where there with a crop circle.

8. showags

showags LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reassurance. What bummed me was that I spent all of last year (first year in the new house) getting it to look the way it does (it was vacant for the previous year and extremely thin/weedy) and it only took one wrong turn to put it in jeopardy. Luckily the forecast is cool and damp/wet for the next few days so I will probably just let it recover on its own. It just amazes me the lack of respect for other people's lawns. If it was a brown lawn infested with weeds it would be one thing, but even after the scalp, there is still a pretty definitive line where my lawn stops and his starts. Oh well. Thanks Again

9. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

I've used marking flags in situations like this. Put them out when you think they are coming and easy to remove when neeeded.

10. wrooster

wrooster LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Itsy bitsy little colored flags? I think not.

Whatever is worth doing is worth doing 100% all the way.

Ergo, claymores.

Wrooster

[​IMG]