1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Now what????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Trevors Lawn Care, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Got a call from a friend who did L.C. last year. Passes an old client on to me...

I go over and she says are you going to do it for Dan's price? I said what was it? She says $15..... (steep hills...about 3k sq ft.)

"WHOOOAAA" No mam. My minimum price is $20. I will charge you that.

She agrees and i go on my way...
    I run into my old friend and he says did you get my message...My reply...yes how did you make any money charging her $15? He says: WHAT..I charged her $25.

So i left a note for the lady to call me and she says "whats up"

I go through the whole situation and explain how i dont like to get screwed by people trying to save a buck..She goes inside and gets a check stub from last year.

I am assuming my friend dan was just trying to cover his extremely low pricing by saying she payed $25..

How do i make mends with this lady...I really tore into her though?

2. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

Just apologize. Tell her that you thought you were being taken advantage of and you are extremely sorry to have handled it that way.Don't be afraid to smooch a little butt.
  3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I wouldn't worry much about the Lady, but now you have a friend that LIED to you!

I feel THAT is a far bigger problem!

Customers are replaceable, friends aren't!
  4. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

he is more of an aquaintence you could say..That i am not worried about...

5. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Sounds like you new that the job is worth more than $20.00 but you told here $20 just to get the job? I don't care what others are charging, I charge what I need to charge to make money.
  6. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Sounds like you learned a valuable lesson on both sides of the fence,put it in the memory bank.
    If you explained the whole situation to her as you have said then all you can do is appologize and she will either accept it or reject it.
    Either way you have been educated.
    Good luck.