NOW, where were we

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Jul 21, 2003.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i believe we were discussing something about cutting 10 lawns in 4.5 hrs. that thread was deleted. now that the riff raff is gone, id like to continue to explain to the non believers how it is done. you fellows call yourselves "proffesional" lawn services, and cant believe that 10 lawns can be done in 4.5 hrs? please tell me how u survive if u cant do 10 in a little over half a day.

2. Mueller Landscape Inc

Mueller Landscape Inc LawnSite Senior Member

Bobby,

That is easily done here.

3. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I do 9 yards in 4 hours by MYSELF. Sometimes a bit quicker. 3 different locations, but fairly close. Just think if I had one good helper.....

4. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

I can easily do 10 in 4.5 hours. Hustler 60" Super Z and 36" Wright Stander for the backyards.

5. UGA

UGA LawnSite Senior Member

Well seeing as I'm a day poster only I didn't see the earlier thread but it would depend on size of lawn, trimm time and drive time. If they were all like the one I did this morning and fairly close together then no problem. Drive time is the biggest factor to me if lawns are similar size and trim time, well duh.

6. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

bobby--not all rifraf are gone. you and I are still here.;)

why couldn't you do 10 lawns taking 27 minutes each?

size matters. if you got a big'un...no way. if you got a small'un...way. that is sized lawns close together of course.

it is not commonly done at that rate here because we are largely rural with large lots and driving required between each cut.

GEO

7. MLI

MLI LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

All about mass production. We've come in at 42 yards(most 5000sq ft.) in 10 hrs. with 2 guys! You have to have a tight route, productive mowers(Walker) and guys that know what to do. Ive had gross sales(mowing) of $1200 in a 10 hr day. Small accounts are the best.....if they are close together...even better!

8. bobbygedd

from NJ

im with u guys. its easy doin 10 in a half day, but some say u cant do it, i dont get it? me and my guy do 10, and we usually stop for coffee, and even stop home to hug the kids.

9. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

WHAT?:eek: I thought you were doing 10 solo!:dizzy:

GEO

10. bobbygedd

from NJ

10 solo? no way, u want me to have a heart attack?