1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

NPR ISUZU.....who has one?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ShortCuts, Dec 11, 2000.

1. ShortCuts

ShortCuts LawnSite Member
    from Maine

We are going to be in the market for a truck come this spring. I have been pricing new fords and chevy's w/ dumping rack bodies...they are way too much money! I read somewhere that you can get a new NPR Isuzu for 20k...Is this true? If any of you guys have one do me a favor and let me know what you think (pro&cons). Thanks in advance!
  2. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

I priced last year, 12,500 diesel with 12' dump was 31K.
  3. SLSNursery

SLSNursery LawnSite Senior Member

We bought an NQR with a van body this summer. Diesel, Automatic, very nice. 30K. 20K is probably for an NPR chassis minus any options or a body. Check into the NQR because it is a little bit heavier, and that might pay off in the long run.
  4. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Brand new Isuzu 14' steel rack body, auto, 5.7 liter, $19,995 look in Turf magazine page B23, the dealer is Showcase Isuzu at http://www.showcaseisuzu.com
  5. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

WAH!!!!!!!! I WANT!
  6. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

i own a chevy w-4. same thing but in bowtie badge. Mine is a 97 gas. I love it and wonder how i got along without it. I had a custom bed made and it was still under 28k. my bed is over made but will last my lifetime. I know the mileage is not that great but. it hauls so much that if i plan properly i don't need second trips like i did with the pickup. Tell me how to post a pic and i will.
  7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Living here in Flint, Michigan, a MAJOR G.M. and union town, I wouldn't be caught DEAD in one of those pieces of Jap junk. Besides that, many of my customers who are G.M. employees (here we have AC, Buick, Chevy Truck and Bus, Delphi, and V8 Engine) wouldn't even WANT me parking one of these things in front of their house! The worse Chevy, Ford or Dodge truck burnt and rolled down a hill is STILL better than any Jap truck!:)
  8. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

Uhh come on runner. I live in metro detroit and i dirve a toyota. Cant we all just get along. lol

9. coldlake

coldlake LawnSite Member

Just purchase 2001 Isuzu NPR HD Gas with 17 foot landscape body with a beaver tail. Far better than trying to pull trailer with a pickup. I chose the 350 gas engine, because here in California, diesel is a dirty word. Gas is only $1.75 a gallon now and diesel is far higher. Anyway, if you operate in an urban area, some streets are hard to get down. With the Isuzu, I haven't had any problems. It is far easier to avoid the drivers that try to run into you also.
    I think that the Isuzu is the Landscapers choice for the future. Tnanks to TURF MAGAZINE for advertising the ISUZU NPR in there free publication.
  10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry bdemir, no offense!