1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Nufarm Horsepower and Coolpower

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grassmasterswilson, Oct 10, 2012.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Anyone used either? Results? They work better than speedzone southern or triplet?

I've heard mixed reviews on coolpower in fall applications. I thought it was suppose to be a much better product when the temps cooled off? I'm considering using it along with simazine for my fall pre app on warm season.
  2. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Bermuda has a hard time handling MCPA and triclopyr, which is what replaces the 2,4-D present in Speedzone. I have done Cool Power on bermuda, problem is that the weeds tolerate more herbicide than the grass does. It is probably ok on totally dormant turf.
  3. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

We use coolpower ester in the spring worked fine. Horsepower we tank mix with acclaim mid summer until mid Aug then over to drive tank mixed with triplet..
  4. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

That mix of Acclaim and Horsepower sounds like a good MSMA replacement in cool season grasses. Gets both grassy and broadleaf weeds. If I am not mistaken, it cannot be used on bermuda, but zoysia will tolerate Acclaim quite well. Zoysia will also tolerate the MCPA and Triclopyr in Horsepower without problems.
  5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I was a long time user of Lesco Eliminate--same as Horsepower. Worked great--probably due to dicamba and triclopyr. Not much odor.
  6. erhager

erhager LawnSite Member

I used Horsepower for the first time today. Will know how it works hopefully soon.