Null n Void?

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by Comet, May 6, 2002.

1. Comet

Comet LawnSite Member

Hello,
    Completed that pond several weeks ago, had one minor skimmer leak,,,, came out looking real good, I didnt to any of the softscapes,, guy was too cheap,,long story..
    It was a pain from the first second we got there, I made absolutly nothing on it, not a penny sad to say..

at anyrate I was wondering if you can assit me in posting the jpg photo I have of it.

I have tried numerous times with no success.
    The jpg is 75k
    I thought it would be easy to attach it here...

OH!!! after the installation the HO for god knows what reasons,,,(there shouldnt have been) moved and changed 10% of the water falls stones, I have no idea how the flow is now,,, It was perfect when we left as you will see in a photo of it some day,,

if it leaks from the stream now,, am I to blame? I think i shouldnt be responsible for anything that happens with this pond now, my opinion this is,,, what do you think please, (in case I get a call someday from him complaining)
    PS there was no warranty given such as a year, six months etc..
    I went back the one time to repair the skimmer leak
    I noticed today he moved a lot of things, gosh knows what he has been doing
    thanks
    thom

2. dan deutekom

dan deutekom LawnSite Senior Member

Homeowners can be a pain. Your idea of the right water flow and theirs can be quite different. Usually they want Niagra falls. I like to do the final adjustments with them approving it. I explain that moving stone after I have made it splash/leak free can cause lose of water and I will charge to fix it. I also make all the key stones unmovable by bonding with cement.

3. Comet

Comet LawnSite Member

Thanks Dan
    Yes he was there as we were doing the final adjustments and loved every bit of it. He didnt want a Niagra falls but a gentle natural looking and soft flow in which case he got.

Its beyond me why he changed things, I think he just wanted to lead people to hink he did the job, etc..

Ill remmeber that about the key stones in mortor next time IF I ever decide to do another one, so far I have been on an aditional 12 more calls for ponds and they ALL have this rediculous therory in their head that itshould only cost them a few hundred dollars etc

I blame the nursery's that sell the kits and have the stones for sale in wich case they tell the customer: OH you just need this liner an pump and a couple (2-3) of these big waterfall stones and to just dig a hole......
    This I know is true