numb hands

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cmorris, May 2, 2004.

1. cmorris

cmorris LawnSite Member

O.K. I use a standard echo commercial weedeater. I also have a 48 inch snapper w.b. My problem is that my right hand is starting to get numb and really hurts when i try to squeeze anything.. Could the vibration from the weedeater do this or the constant hand movement on the hydrostat mower?? also, what can I do, just buy vibraation gloves? does anyone else have this problem??
  2. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Get rid of the pistol grip WB. Carpal tunnel is setting in.
  3. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Go to the Doc.

Get a wrist brace and wear to bed at night.
  4. Aleman

Aleman LawnSite Member

Join the crowd. Ive started the braces at night and its really not any better...I guess the surgery is next..
  5. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

this is starting to happen to me, i have numb hands at night and i wake up probaly once an hour in pain, until i stand up and my feeling comes back:cry: also while i mow my hands will go numb and pain will start, again i must stop and shake my hands. i have a gravely with pro controls but it don't help. the funny thing is it happened last year during mowing season disappeared during winter and now it's back again:confused: :cry:
  6. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

This is why I won't use a pistol grip style mower. Who needs the risk of this happening?
  7. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

H-bar,T-bar or Ecs! love my H-bar!!!
  8. pcnservices

pcnservices LawnSite Senior Member

I sometimes find that when I trim my back is bend over sideways to the left holding the trimmer in position. I get the numbness in my right hand from time to time.
    I know I need to get to a chiropractor again to cranck my neck and back a little bit and do some adjustments. It help before. My neck was out on 2 of the 3 axes.
  9. shorty7616

shorty7616 LawnSite Member

Same thing has been happening to me.....I just shake it off and keep going.....guess I need to figure out a long term solution
  10. moneyman

moneyman LawnSite Member

Try going to the doctor first. You will more than likely be reffered to go to a physical therapist.