Numb Trigger Finger?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grasssin, Oct 20, 2004.

1. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

Lately my trigger finger has been going numb and turning blue at night and at random times during the day. I am smart enough to realize that it is due to the vibration of edging/trimming/chainsawing all day, but what should I do about it?

What exactly is it?

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

probably should just cut it off and be done with the problem :drinkup:

on a serious note sounds like you may have something wrong with it, cause i would say a little tingle after hard days work would be ok, but turning blue does not sound good.

3. bushtrimmer

bushtrimmer LawnSite Senior Member

See a doctor

4. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Mine gets tingly but never blue, definatly see a doctor. I started wearing gloves and it helps with the vibration.

5. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Sounds like circulation is getting cut off and you better go to a doctor.

6. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

If it's turning blue something definitely isn't right i would get it checked out soon

7. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

gangrene - I don't know, just a bad (and wrong) guess but WOW, I'd definately see a doctor about it.

8. oneandonlyjojo

oneandonlyjojo LawnSite Member
    from NY

i doubt anyone here is a doctor.

9. RICHIE K

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME MY DOC TOLD ME TO TAKE VITAMIN B12. AFTER 1 WEEK OF USING THIS IT WORKS!!!!! :drinkup:
    B12 HELPS THE FLOW OF THE BLOOD. HELPS WITH CARPAL TUNAL

RICHIE K

www.kulakandcompany.com :blob3:

10. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Richie you are right about taking B-12 but its action is mostly on nerves.
    The blue part is a little troubling but that could be a trapped or swollen blood vessel. Carpal tunnel has some of the effects you are experiencing. You are right I am not a doctor, I'm a paramedic and yes this is a bit out of my scope but it has something to do with nerves and vessels that supply the thumb. It can't hurt to see the doc. As far as prevention of future problems, I can't really say. Some guys have tried anti-vibe gloves but the jury is still out. You may have something that is correctable but only the M.D. can tell. Good Luck.