Number 1 Reason Not to Own a Tundra

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by First_Year_Landscaper, Aug 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. First_Year_Landscaper

First_Year_Landscaper LawnSite Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJZVUnOduH4

This will pretty much sum it up.

I know a half-ton isnt ment for hard work, but jeez the Tundra is about to rattle apart

The Tundra is a fairly decent truck as long as you don't use it as a truck, if your just looking to have a daily driver that will never tow a trailer or have anything in the bed then the Tundra would be just fine.

In my opinon as long as it will be worked in America it should be backed by an American brand that has proved itself.

My family has owned Dodge, Ford, and Chevy trucks all have been great for what they were used for, (current Ford doesn't go anywhere without a trailer :)

2. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

When you have to worry about the frame breaking (a problem with tundras) that whole truck is suspect. When they first came out i was excited by the thought of Japanese engineering in the truck but i was wrong. I would not even think about buying one now.

3. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Wow, that Tundra box sure looked like a jiggly badonkadonk ghetto booty.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

That was bad but theyre full of it. The chevy did the best and not because I own one.

5. First_Year_Landscaper

Brother still has his and everytime he hooks up to a trailer or loads the bed you can see the gap between the cab and box get wider or compress. His is also an 09.

Trailer has Case 1845C on it

Bed might have 1 yard of mulch

Scary to think what would happen if it was used like our f250 or Chevy 1500

6. mybowtie

mybowtie LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Its a Ford commercial, so of course the ford did the best...But how do we REALLY know the ford was going as fast as the others? Becaus they said so?? LOL. And how do we know they didnt loosen/unhook something on the others to make them do worse. Or modify the ford in some way to make it perform better?

I do agree the toylet looked like it was ready to fall appart thou...

7. poolboy

poolboy LawnSite Silver Member
    from earth

From someone that owned a F-150 and a Tundra, that commercial is complete BS. Think about it, it's a freaking Ford commercial.

Anyway, the Tundra has held it's own; from hauling 2K lbs, to pulling a 32ft travel trailer.

8. Lawn Pawn

Lawn Pawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from zone 3

I'm old enough to remember when it was not too uncommon to see a Ford pick-up along side the road or at a dealer that had folded in half.

Think it might have been in the 70's ?? They had some bad design and the frames were way under engineered for strength. I do not hate any brand... they all have good and bad points.

9. First_Year_Landscaper

Brother still has his and everytime he hooks up to a trailer or loads the bed you can see the gap between the cab and box get wider or compress. His is also an 09.

Dont know if he got a lemon or if the farm has taken its toll.

10. First_Year_Landscaper

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.