Number of accounts

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Jody P, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Jody P

Jody P LawnSite Member

How many accounts do you average a day? Mow, blow & go.
    I know travel time affects the average, but if you where working in a general area. I live north of Atlanta and depending on my schuedule I can be in traffic for 30+ minutes and could loss up to one hour+ a day just setting in traffic.
  2. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

After having been to Atlanta to work and seeing that traffic I feel for ya bud. Crazy down there. I didn't care for it myself.:usflag:
  3. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

It's variable a 3 man crew should cut, trim edge and blow off 1/4 acre properties in 10 minutes. If they are close together yo ucan do 4-5 an hour. We try to strive for 35 per day per crew 8 hours. Mobile homes we do 12-15 an hour. This will vary if you have to drive a lot> Our homes are in a 7 mile Semi circle as we live on the great lakes and cant cut the water
  4. ICE

ICE LawnSite Member

Try to get your clients in a very tight group, that would end up with less winshield time and more $ in your pocket. If you need to do alot of driving, then try to schedule it all in one day and avoid the rush hour traffic as best you can. Filling the tanks the night before is a great way to avoid some costly headaches in the morning.

5. Joey bag a' donuts

Joey bag a' donuts LawnSite Member

Not to stray from topic but whats up chriscraft...noticed your from fair haven. I've got family out there just passed palms on 23. Hows biz out there?
  6. Joey bag a' donuts

Joey bag a' donuts LawnSite Member

As far as how many lawns I cut/day...most of our lawns are 1 acre+ so we push 10-15 per day depending on the schedule.
  7. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

ah hi donuts thats my area im 4 miles form palms on the lake . Buisiness is way tuff here, everyone getting laid off form ford gm chrysler and opening a lawn buisines slol here today gone tomorrow but wrecking it for us legits as usual

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

That is almost impossible to answer as all lots are different size and even 2 lots the same size will different in obstacles. Some days we do 10 others 1 and still others 17.
    What you need to concentrate on is the Hours of work. We sell about 6.5 hours in an 8 hour day and about 8 hours in a 10 hour day.
  9. B&D Lawn Care

B&D Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

my routes have a lot to do w/ it. If I have a day w/ 4 or 5 in that area but if it calls for more the ns obe it.
  10. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

I shoot for 10-12 a day...4 days a week be myself.