Number of accounts

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by ACutAbovesiny, Sep 27, 2006.

1. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

How many accounts do you have?

0-25?
    26-50?
    51-100?
    100+?

2. jinx 88

jinx 88 LawnSite Member
    from ozarks

I have about 35, but will have to add some this year to pay for the new J.D. Z.

3. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

We will be hovering around 200 this season. Still a little early to give an exact number. :)

4. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

how many crews do you run? I am running one crew right now and by my estimates could handle about 100 per crew. I guess I will need to get 100 before I will know for sure.

5. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm at 75 and would like to get to 100 this year

6. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I average around 50 for just myself. this year I will be adding at least one employee to keep from burning out in august. 2 years ago I got rid of all the low profit jobs and all the pIA's. I averge right now at about 35% profit to gross ratio and want to try and stay there. How many we will add this year is unknown but probably around 20 and up aerations from 600 to 1200.

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

225 or so...number of accounts means nothing to mean, acreage does though

8. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

Ditto, 74 but am shooting for 100 this year.

9. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

That would be one steady cutting crew and a maintenance crew cutting commercials on Mondays, and whenever needed for weather conditions. Your calculations aren't too far off, I normally figure in the 150-175 range for a one truck operation for 1/4 acre or less properties. You should have 2 trucks and equipment available once you get into that range simply for insurance.

As Rod says, it's not about the accounts, but rather acreage. We have roughly the same amount of accounts as he does, but he cuts WAAAAYYYYY more acreage than I do. Of course that adds up to larger machines and more trucks, and labor needed. :)

10. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I had over a 100 accounts last year and lots of other work, installs, shrubs, retaining walls, water falls and so on. I have one full time and one part time employees and hope to pick up around 65 more lawns from a guy who is getting out of the business and handing them over to me. I hope 2007 is another great year like 2006 was.