Number of accounts

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by ACutAbovesiny, Sep 27, 2006.

1. casco73

casco73 LawnSite Member

yeah I have 30 lawns right now working by my self takes me one to two days to do depending on weather or unexpected problems. do you get a good return with postcards ? I've been thinking of sending about 500 in a targeted area just not sure if its worth doing right now.
  2. lawnman20

lawnman20 LawnSite Member

850 acc and growing as of 3/22/2007 hope to have 1000 by apr 1
  3. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L LawnSite Member

Had around 30-35 last year. Goal is 50 for this year. Biggest account might be 2 acres, but it's hilly and a PITA. Good money and customer though.
  4. Loy's Home Services  LLC

Loy's Home Services LLC LawnSite Member

5 large comm. 28 res. and still counting.
  5. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 LawnSite Senior Member

how do you get this many i have 2 as of 4-2-07
  6. snowshreadr4ever

snowshreadr4ever LawnSite Member

how many crews do you have to take care of 850 lawns?
    what part of michigan are you in?
  7. casco73

casco73 LawnSite Member

how much do you charge for your biggest lawn???
  8. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

8 as of two weeks ago, still would like to have about 4 or 5 more. Only doing part time. Have full time job.
  9. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

At the end of last season i had 28 accounts. A few of them were home owners selling and the new owners wanted to tackle their lawn care least till summer hits and they see what they in for. A bunch were to much of a PITA so I got rid of them, as of today, 4/4/07 I have 14 yearly accounts, 2 bids as of now to do on friday. This July will start my 2nd year in the business so, I believe I am on target atm. I just got into a very wealthy gated sub-div and plan on grinding the pavement with door hangers this week. I would like to be at around 30+ by the end of this season. I am solo and do this FT, yes I have alot of free time, but that allows me to other things to help my company grow, besides I am not in this for the $$, I do this because I actually enjoy it. As long as they take care of their yards and are willing to invest in it, I will give it my all. In my past job I made enough $$ to do this PT if I choose to, and plan on retiring when I am in my mid 40's anyway :) I will be 34 this June.
  10. casco73

casco73 LawnSite Member

what would you say as of last season your gross income for your services??