Number of accounts

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by ACutAbovesiny, Sep 27, 2006.

?

How many accounts do you have?

1. 0-25

153 vote(s)
    37.2%
  2. 26-50

107 vote(s)
    26.0%
  3. 51-100

82 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. 100+

69 vote(s)
    16.8%
  1. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

Ended the 2006 season with 145 accounts....but now have 176 with a goal of 200 by Feb 25th......

I started in 2004, with 45 accounts....cut most at the end of the season...
    2005 had 84 accounts at the end of the season....cut a few at the end...
    2006 had 145 accounts at the end of the season....only lost a hand full of accounts, but have added alot of people since Dec.....

I have right now thought 176 Mtce accounts and counting
    123 Squirt and Fert Programs and counting...will up sell it to more of my yearly accounts once more weeds start popping up...
    we also do Landscape installs....averaging about 35 to 40 Jobs yearly (not including basic pine straw and basic mulch installs)

2. vanguard

vanguard LawnSite Member

It's not always about How Many, but sometime it's how Big! I have one "Account" thats a H.O.A. consisting of 108 single family homes :dizzy:

So, were would I be in the pole?

3. Steve's Mow & Trim

Steve's Mow & Trim LawnSite Member

I am 18 and a freshmen in college. 2 years ago we had a drought so I had a measly 5 accounts....great year to start out! This last season I had 12 mowing accounts and did quick cuts for a local realty company, I also did alot of ladscaping for various customers. I built large retaingins walls, alot of planting of bushes trees ect... I worked at a local landscape and garden center a few years back doing all these such things. Anyways I took in close to $700 a week with 12 lawns this last summer...I mow a few large properties(my largest being my church 7 acres) I am currently working on getting 5000 door hangers made, and plan to fill up the areas I already have accounts in. I plan to tack on about 30 more residential accounts for this season, so I can save my money for school...which I am going to be a PE/Health teacher so I can mow in the summers :p

4. thes

thes LawnSite Member

I've been in business for myself since 2004.
    I work by myself...and I have 75 mowing accounts (2 commercial)

5. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

300+ active customers (irrigation & lighting)

goal to take on another 100 or so this year

6. Cole Allers

Cole Allers LawnSite Member

Guys, the number of accounts you have really is not important, the amount of money you make on those accounts is. Bid your jobs in a cost effective way, and always bid for profit.

7. greenthumbGC

greenthumbGC LawnSite Member

My first year I landed about 45, then last year I got up to 82. If all goes well I should hit about 120 + numerous side jobs.

8. TJLANDS

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

Very good first post!
    Welcome:waving:

9. jason_2005lawnman

jason_2005lawnman LawnSite Member

well that depends; cant make a living on just two accounts; and can still go broke with a hundred accounts; i saw three lawn service companys go out this past year; and one was 150 plus accounts and the other were first timers; you do have a good point but # does matter too

10. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

How do you guys get so many accounts?, takes me months to replace the few i lose every year.