1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Number of Clients

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bob Shoaff, Feb 19, 2001.

1. Bob Shoaff

Bob Shoaff LawnSite Member

I was wondering how many clients everyone has. Both commercial and Residential. Also how many employees you have and what your annual sales are.
  2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I have 21 year round commercial, 23 year round residential and another 35 or so seasonal summer customers which are a mix of both. We ran most of last year with a 2 man crew and plan to do the same this year if possible. I can't remember though how much we made..............hmmmmmmmmm.....nope, can't quite put my finger on it. I feel certain, since I'm a micro mini operation, it wasn't $350,000,000.00 like in the magazines I've been reading. It probably wasn't even a cool million. I'll have to check my figures and get back with you on that. :D
  3. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

39 customers, 93 properties (one customer has 52houses another has 2 properties)mowing. Mowing is $50 per acre, $45 if multiple acres, $30.00 minimum. Mowing is the lowest profit of all services (high labor & equipment cost) but necessary evil. The money comes from add on services ie.,fert., annuals, mulching,weed control in beds, trimming, edging, areation, ect. These extra services will often be higher than the annual mowing price and provide a great deal more profit (they are also not as price sensitive). Once an adiquit customer base, with the correct profile is developed, the amount of gross income is limited only by the number of hours and services you can provide (one of those 39 customers paid over 12K for lawn service last year and I didnt get to all they wanted done).
  4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

Have 45-50 lawns that average 35-40 mows per
    wk.An ever increasing number of occasional customers.
    for handyman and cleanups etc.Plus i put in some
    lawns but im solo so not much.
  5. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

last year had 35 mowing accts. with 15 commercial. and an extra 10 for fert. just me last year may need part timer this summer. gross sales about 48000 (i have no big accounts mostly 15 min - 2 hrs.)