number of lawns

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowerboys, Apr 24, 2004.

1. Mowerboys

Mowerboys LawnSite Member

How many lawns does everybody have, I am 13 and have 15 lawns what about the rest of you?

2. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

im proud for your parents that they have a kid that is willing to work!

trust me as you grow up,,,,,,,,you will meet MANY business men who will give you some awesome work because your young and not afraid to work!

3. snippy

snippy LawnSite Member

I don't have any... my parents must think I'm a bum.

4. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I picked up quite a bit this year, we are up to 65 accounts

5. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

under 50............

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Number of lawns means absolutely nothing in this business...total up your square footage instead.

7. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

Who cares about how many? It's all about how much! How much do you make off your 15 lawns? Could you make just as much doing 3 or 4 larger properties?

It is great to hear that someone your age is willing to take on some responsibilty. Way to go! I'll bet you got more money in your pocket than your friends and thats good because you worked for it

8. selnoil

selnoil LawnSite Member

Thats quite a list of equipment you've got there. If you bought all of that at your age you're doing OK.

REMEMBER QUALITY NOT QUANTITY is the most important thing. I have 3 businesses and each was built on quality service. You can spend a ton of money on advertising but the customers you gain from word of mouth will be your most loyal. Provide them with quality service and they will tell others. My only other suggestion or thought is that you will not have to low ball prices if the quality is there.

You may have some trouble gaining customers because your age but don't let that get you down. If you have some customers you can use as references that will be all you'll need (be sure to use customers that really like you and they do the selling for ya).

Good Luck!!! If you stay working this hard I'm sure we'll all be reading about you someday.

Mike

9. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

about 45 accounts and somewhere from 1100 to 1300 per week. All new people are on an every week basis. The amount is low because I do my neighbors cheap because I see them everyday. This year each stop, cept for like 4, has atleast 2 houses and as much as 6 without having to load up in between. Cutting down on drive time maximizes profits. Good work pays off.

10. LawnRangerofColumbus

LawnRangerofColumbus LawnSite Member

I have 18 accounts and about 3700 a month. Not bad for part time. Proud of the 13 yr old and his dedication. Great job, bet you can't wait till you can drive.