Number Of Machines

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare010, Jul 14, 2008.

1. lawncare010

lawncare010 LawnSite Member

If you were solo or you are solo what is or would be rhe max number of machines would you have is there a number that would be too many for a solo psrson so please say how many you have or would have
  2. Green Finger

Green Finger LawnSite Senior Member

The number of machines depends on the types and number of accounts you have.

When you roll out in the morning, you what to have everything you need on the trailer to get the jobs done. From 60 inch rider on big acre properties to 22 inch push mower for townhomes with gates.

Some guys will not even bid on a property with a back gate. Depends on your accounts.

Starting out take every and anything you can get. Then weed them out later:nono:
  3. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

max would be 3, a z, w/b, and push. however it all depends on the size of the properties. if all im cutting is cookie cutter lawns i would have a 40" toro t-bar, a quick 36", and a push. if i had a large commercial account (acre after acre) i would have a big z even if i only used it once/week. all depends on the size lawns you service. you could get by just fine w/ one, but if i had 100 cookie cutter then i would want a back-up mower that i didnt have to push. average lawn care around here, 48" w/b, 52-60" z, and a push mower. all depends on the business plan and the lawns you service.
  4. lawncare010

The reason i asked was because i woul like to have a 36'' hydro walkbehind and a 48'' walkbehind or rider and also like to have a 60'' rider but it would be just for me and thats it
  5. subs1000w

subs1000w LawnSite Member

im solo somtimes, and have a 61, 48, 32 and a 21 on my trailer but im trying to get rid of the 21 and then the 32 in favor of another 60 or 72 so when i have a helper i can really nock um out fast
  6. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

if the properties you maintain warrant this setup then go for it, i have used 48" w/b and z's and a 60" z. most lawn dont take that much longer w/ a 48" than a 60". keep in mind these are average sized residential. i would have 48" w/b over the same size z, more versatile. im not solo and i have a 52" z and a 48" w/b (the 22" push dont count) and this is all i need at this point, when i outgrow the 52" ill get a 60", but for now the 2 are all i need.
  7. lawncare010

this year i dont have as many lawns as i would like because i cant get my license till sept the reason i would have the 3 different machines is beacus one lawn has a 1/2 acer with a gate so i need a 36'' then i have another yard with a gate but i can fit a 54'' in it but would buy a 48'' and i have a few more lawns that i would use a 60'' on because they are over an acer and are open. Right now i have a johndeere 727a 54'' and a exmark metro 36'' i would sell thm both and but a exmark TTHP 36'' and either a TTHP 48'' or a lazer HP 48'' dont know which would be better and would take up less room on a trailer and then i would buy a lazer 60''. Tell me what you think about that and what size trailer i should get

8. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

You can see what I have. I'd like to get a small wb but still haven't had the need for one. I have 1 customer that I have to "use" the push mower on part of the property other then that, I can ride my Scag most of the day. :D
  9. SIWEL

SIWEL LawnSite Senior Member

i would have one Z one WB and one push. i would have 2 trimmers and an edger, a hand blower and a backpack.

sometimes i go solo with all of my equip when my crew are on install jobs.
  10. lawncare010

I dont know what the best set up for me would be mabey you guys could give me some advice on what to do

first thing is first i need a 36'' walkbehind for my yards with 36'' gates that is a hydro NOT THE QUICK 36 next i need either a walkbehind or a rider that can fit through a 56'' gate and then i dont know wheather or not i should get a bigger zero turn? i also want to get all new handhelds what do you think should get? and last i need a new trailer for all this stuff