Nurseries in Central Florida

Discussion in 'Nurseries and Growers' started by BearWise Landscapers, Apr 6, 2010.

1. BearWise Landscapers

BearWise Landscapers LawnSite Senior Member

A few of my clients have asked me if I know of any good nurseries around Central Florida. I only know the ones that are run by landscaping businesses. Does anybody recommend some independent ones around the area? What are their website addresses?

Thanks

2. FLAhaulboy

FLAhaulboy LawnSite Senior Member

Home depot & lowes lol! I've gotten far better deals on plant prices vs buying wholesale from my local nursery, from Lowes. Of course, the nursery is better if looking for quantity or a certain type of plant or tree.

3. Equipguy

Equipguy LawnSite Senior Member

I've always like the quality at Lake Brantley Plant Corp. I think now they use the Brantley Nursery's. There located in Longwood. Also Gateway Gardens in Oviedo.

4. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

5. Ground Effects Landscape

Ground Effects Landscape LawnSite Member
    from Orlando

Brantley Nursery is good

6. rob7233

rob7233 LawnSite Senior Member

Eagle Pass in Oviedo see Rudy

Lukas for certain plants / mostly retails prices

South Seminole Nursery in Casselberry see Jim

Appenberry's in Orlando

Blodgett's in Orlando

Biosphere for natives etc

Lake Brantley

Lazy Sago in Geneva

There are many more, it just depends on what type of plant material your looking for.

Unfortunately, in my experience is that there is no single source vendor for everything. But then again that just depends on how large (or small) your plant pallet is and how demanding you are on plant quality for the job.

Additionally, Plants are living things and are not "stamped out" so quality can change from week to week/day to day even at the same nursery.

7. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Focal point out in Geneva is good on pricing on some also - I have used all of these above. Like Rob said - quality can be hit or miss one week to another.

I really like Brantley since being introduced to them. Luka's great customer service and good selection but like rob said - even with contractor discount - you are essentially going to pay retail.

8. Landscape Poet

How is the pricing out there Rob? I have not stopped there yet - but it appears that they have some very nice looking ligustrums from the road when I pass by.

9. rob7233

rob7233 LawnSite Senior Member

Not Bad at all. Go and call over there and set up an account. They'll tell you what you'll need to bring them for documentation. Three weeks ago they had some real showy Agapanthus that the Lukas couldn't even touch.

10. Landscape Poet

Will do - whenever I find time. Just looking forward to having a day off at some point at this time. Thought it was going to be this weekend coming up, but forgot that the limited test was this week, which puts me a day behind already.

Thanks for your input - can not wait to check them out - I plan on redoing my own landscape this fall.