Nurseries in Schenectady N.Y. 12308

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by waterguy, Jul 18, 2012.

1. waterguy

waterguy LawnSite Member
    from Atl GA.

I am coming to Schenectady NY 12308 the end of August with my best friend for 3 days to do a landscape make over on his nephew's yard of the new house they just bought as a surprise. This is not a "profit" job , have a $2500 budget on materials to work with ( his family is paying for it ) only my goodwill and talents to design and supervise with the labor of many friends and family.
    I own a landscape company of 22 years in the Atlanta GA. area. Plant and design knowledge is not an issue even for this area. PROBLEM , I called 1 nursery they referred me to in Rexford and they want ( example ) $ 33 for standard 3 gal. plants, "Endless Summer" hydrangea $ 43. I pay about $9 for a standard 3gal. here and about $16 for a 3 gal. "Endless Summer" Hydrangea. Can anybody give me some help on some wholesale nurseries to contact in this area . Need large boulders and other aggregates as well. Am doing small pondless but am having those materials ( pump, liner, vault ) mail order delivered to site.

2. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

$27 for 3 gal endless summer from my guy. $50 for 10 gal. Thats in Valatie NY. 'bout 45-60min from Schenectady. I have their wholesale list on a word and excel doc, 1800 line items, if you want it.

3. waterguy

waterguy LawnSite Member
    from Atl GA.

That would be great. Will I get hassled for not having local credentials ?

4. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

If you buy enough he'll still give you the discount. Say you know me.

5. WINTER 3

WINTER 3 LawnSite Member

I think you have come and gone to this job already. I know a bunch of places. I'm sure the place in rexford was Kulacks. Hewitts garden centers is a good place