1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Nurseries in Schenectady N.Y. 12308

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by waterguy, Jul 18, 2012.

1. waterguy

waterguy LawnSite Member
    from Atl GA.

I am coming to Schenectady NY 12308 the end of August with my best friend for 3 days to do a landscape make over on his nephew's yard of the new house they just bought as a surprise. This is not a "profit" job , have a $2500 budget on materials to work with ( his family is paying for it ) only my goodwill and talents to design and supervise with the labor of many friends and family.
    I own a landscape company of 22 years in the Atlanta GA. area. Plant and design knowledge is not an issue even for this area. PROBLEM , I called 1 nursery they referred me to in Rexford and they want ( example ) $ 33 for standard 3 gal. plants, "Endless Summer" hydrangea $ 43. I pay about $9 for a standard 3gal. here and about $16 for a 3 gal. "Endless Summer" Hydrangea. Can anybody give me some help on some wholesale nurseries to contact in this area . Need large boulders and other aggregates as well. Am doing small pondless but am having those materials ( pump, liner, vault ) mail order delivered to site.

2. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

$27 for 3 gal endless summer from my guy. $50 for 10 gal. Thats in Valatie NY. 'bout 45-60min from Schenectady. I have their wholesale list on a word and excel doc, 1800 line items, if you want it.

3. waterguy

waterguy LawnSite Member
    from Atl GA.

That would be great. Will I get hassled for not having local credentials ?

4. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

If you buy enough he'll still give you the discount. Say you know me.

5. WINTER 3

WINTER 3 LawnSite Member

I think you have come and gone to this job already. I know a bunch of places. I'm sure the place in rexford was Kulacks. Hewitts garden centers is a good place