nurseries in the nj/pa/de area

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by JML, Feb 19, 2002.

1. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

we have a huge commercial planting job coming up, but no of the regular nurseries i deal with can get all of the products in. I was wondering what are some of the major nurseries some of you guys deal with in the nj/pa/de/md area.. thanks

joe

2. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

We have found it harder to find one nursery that handles all plants and have them in the sizes we need, just get used to having to go to many places that carry the material you need and the quality that you want. Think of the size nursery it would have to be to carry all material that grows in your area, in sizes that everyone wants!

3. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

I deal almost exclusively with Styers for my plant materials. They carry top quality materials and their pricing is a tad higher than places like Shemin. Their wholesale pricing really isn't all that bad and they specialize in hard to find plants. If they do not have something or can not get it in, I'd be surprised.

Check out their website and give them a call.

http://www.styers.com/

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Joe,

Have you tried Northern Nurseries, Inc.? They're real big with 8 or 9 locations in NJ, NY, CT, NH, VT, PA. I would guess the closest one to you is in Somerset, NJ. Their phone number there is (732) 560-5064.

They have another location (which I use a lot) in Wind Gap, PA. Wind Gap is about 10 miles north of Easton/Allentown area. That phone in PA is (610)863-6006.

And they will deliver (many times free) to just about anywhere. Hope that helps and good luck.

5. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

i am sure lanelle will be able to help u, she seems very knowledgable with nurseries, also if u need any dirt material contact me.

6. PAPS

PAPS LawnSite Senior Member

There are several nurseries in my area that would be able to handle any volume of plant material you may need... Shemin Nursery in Mahwah, NJ is one, and Riverside Nursery in Oakland, NJ is the second... I guarantee they could easily handle your volume of material....

7. landman

landman LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Being from the Shore area of NJ try LP Statile in Colts Neck, or JMJ Nursery in Howell area( they are also own another place by point pleasant called J's garden spot. Also you could try Casola Farms they have several locations along Rt 34 and Rt 35.

8. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

Northern Nurseries is great. If they don't have it they will do their best to get it from one of their other branches or another source. I haven't bought plant material from Shemin but I would bet they are similar.

I think I was at that Casola Farms this past fall. I chaperoned my son's daycare trip to the "pumpkin patch". I saw a few fields of plant material on the highway they were on, so it seemed they have a whole lot of acres of plants. The hay ride went through a bunch of the stock & I'm sure I was the only one enjoying the plant material we were riding through as much as the props they had set up for the kids' entertainment LOL. Saw some neat stuff there and the quality looked good, & I'd recommend giving them a try based on that .

9. tailoredlook

tailoredlook LawnSite Member

Shemins Nursery in Oaks PA always has or can get what I need in a couple of days.