Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Davey, May 30, 2001.

1. Davey

Davey LawnSite Member

I am interested in starting a nursery.Any help would be great on what it takes to start one, and every thing else one needs to knew when building one
  2. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

3. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

Where are you located? Each state has a nursery association that should be a good source of information. Also check out the magazine: American Nurseryman. There are lots of other magazines that deal with the nursery industry but this will get you started.
  4. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

What is it you would like to grow or are you talking about starting a Garden Center.. Greenhouse ? We sell trees,shrubs,perenials,annuals(grown ourselves in about 5 acres of greenhouses)hardgoods etc etc...Do you already have the land ? I guess what it takes is money and probably the one thing I would say is to start small... I am not sure what it is exactly that you want to know... Go to trade shows make contacts and be prepared to work long hours, 7 days a week..Very rewarding. Feel free to ask quetions...I'll try to help you out...Good luck.