1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Nursery's in Virginia

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Barkleymut, Aug 7, 2001.

1. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm putting together a landscape estimate and would like to know of any wholesale nurseries within an hour or so of Richmond. I haven't been too pleased with the nursery I have dealt with in the past and since I do just a couple of large installs a year I haven't had a need to look elsewhere.
  2. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

The Virginia Growers Guide lists most of the growers and wholesale nurseries in the state. It is available from the Virginia Nursery and Landscape Association.
  3. Mowin4cash

Mowin4cash LawnSite Member

Barkleymut, of course I like Colesville Nursery, but there is also Northern Neck Nursery up on the northern neck, near Warsaw. I heard that Watkins is only trees now, so they are out of the question.
  4. cp

cp LawnSite Senior Member

Barkley, sorry for the late response.

I have used Ed's Landscaping and Nursery off of S295.
    Also if you need Azaleas, Helleri Holly, or Leyland Cypress give Endfield Nursery a call at 804-769-4032.
    If your needs are for annuals then Sandy's Plants located at Mechanicsville.

Hope this helps.. Chris..
  5. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks Chris, I'm actually looking for Leylands so I'll check them out.