Nutrients Plus Products -Questions

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Fertboy, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Fertboy

Fertboy LawnSite Member

Hey folks,

I have been looking into granular Nutrients Plus Products. I would like to know if anyone uses them and any experience with application and results. Also do they have strong odors? Our sandy soils really suck near the coast , and the organic matter would be a nice addition.

Thanks
    Ed

2. MaineFert

MaineFert LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Ed,
    We have been using them for a few years and they have worked great for us. The organic matter is key in the applications and the products are not very dusty and are well priced. Drop me a line if you want soem mre details. Thanks

3. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

I used some of the first batch they made and have been using their products since.....

Try some of it - you will like it

4. bntt68

bntt68 LawnSite Senior Member

Turfpro? What products do you use of theirs? I am going to be ordering some but have not made up my mind yet.

5. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

4-3-2 (it might be 4-4-3 now) Good for mid-summer apps, great for 'top dressing' at 25-50 lbs/1000 sqft. I also use it as starter fertilizer, and in flower beds & shrub fertilizing.

16-2-3 Use it in cooler weather, when microbial activity is minimal. Highest percentage of synthetic nutrients. 5-stage N release.

6-2-4 Also a blend. I like to use this in late spring and early fall. Nice initial pop of N from ammonium sulfate.

These are the products I incorporate in our organic-based program. They also have a high K blend and a pre-emergent blend, that I haven't used.

6. MaineFert

MaineFert LawnSite Member
    from Maine

The 6-2-4 isa great product. It spreads very well, and will give you nice results. We also use the 7-2-12 for late season apps, and the 4-4-2 mid-summer. A nice way to incorporate organic matter into your program as opposed to only budgeting for Nitrogen.