Nutsedge an extra service??

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by livingsoils, Aug 9, 2006.

1. livingsoils

livingsoils LawnSite Member

It seems to be a rather bad nutsedge season this year:cry:
    I just wanted to see if you charge for an extra service to control it or do you include it in your regular program.
    thanks
    Mike:cool2:

2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

if its just a spot here and there I don't charge (but probably should) if it was a large area I would charge $10 per K with a $25 min.

3. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

I have in my contracts that small outbreaks are included in my program. Larger outbreaks I will treat and charge accordingly.

4. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

anything other than regular service constitutes another charge.

5. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

I purchased a gallon of Basagran 6 years ago...I am just happy to be using it up...

6. FINN

FINN LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA.

Separate Charge. I offer broad leaf weed control and pre emergent crabgrass control. It's nothing personal just business.

7. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

I added an extra application for summer time weeds, such as nutsedge, crabgrass, etc. Most of our customers pay 12 mos. a year or are level pays so I average it out. Works great.

8. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Is a $30 extra charge.

9. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

$40/gal. sprayed for small spot spraying.:)

10. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Two years ago I had a call from a customer about nutsedge. I went and looked at the lawn and it was loaded w/ nutsedge. I told them I would be happy to spray w/ Manage for an extra charge. They said to hold off that they would get back to me. They called a couple days later and cancelled sevice. I called them and asked why??? They said that they contacted TGCL and they offer nutsedge control as part of their regular program. So I lost that one. I don't know what TGCL sprayed the lawn with, but I'll be damned if I'll treat an acre lawn for nutsedge at no extra charge.