Nutzo neighbor

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Toroguy, May 18, 2001.

1. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a kook that resides next to a property I maintain.

This older woman I believe has some "challenges" as reported by my customer.

Her "tick" is the property line between the homes. Last year she came out yelling jiberish and pointing to the ground at the beginning of the season. I just figured she was odd. Then she stood outside every Friday (The day I mow) watering the border with a hose. She would spray me if I came to close to the border. After awhile she stopped this. I figured she must have been institutionalized or something. Late in the season I was mowing this same property and I noticed out of the corner of my eye, stuff flying out of the second floor window of the loonies house. I look over to see her throwing towels and other unknown debris out the window. She had her head and torso out the window as she pointed to the property line.

The area of concern to her is I have to go around a downspout, which requires I ride on her grass. FOR ONE SECOND.

This season she has stood guard with a rake in hand everytime I mow. Today, as I was finishing trimming around the lot the wacko had her Zapruder like camera out and was photographing me?

Not your typical neighbor...

2. Craig Turf Management

Craig Turf Management LawnSite Senior Member

Keep Off The Grass, hers that is. If you stay on your side of the line, there is no problem right? I know that she seems Looney Tunes, but I was wondering, have you ever spoken with this neighbor? Maybe you can come to some understanding.
    Bill Craig

3. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Just rev up that Toro and "mulch her ass" that'll shut her up.

4. LJ lawn

LJ lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

you should start showing up at different times and days to freak her out. make sure you point the discharge chute towards her property.and if she approaches you start mumbling jibberish and yelling "me no ingleisy" (me no english).have fun!!

5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

ask to talk to her and when she comes on the property you maintain start yelling wildly and pointing at the yard line as if she cant come over the line. maybe she'll get the point. or let her hit you with something and sue her. its the american way.

6. leaflawnandlimb

leaflawnandlimb LawnSite Member

it's a fine line (no punn) when it comes to property lines. Can you believe that i had another lawn service ride accross my finished lawn to get to their next porerty?

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

You should handle this in a professional, courteous manner. Do not ride across her grass even for a second. If you need to weed-eat that area then so be it. She may never become your customer but always remember, there is always a potential customer watching you. If a potential customer sees you ranting and raving what will that tell them?

8. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

:mad:

I have a neighbor that cuts the property line at about 1 1/2 inches in a very crooked line, really looks bad because he goes way over the line onto my customers property,mabey I will get the hose and stand on the line.:D
    Also he dead cuts all the front yard at this low height onto my customers property. I couldn`t figure why all the dried up grass would be left in that area. I arrived earlier this one day and I see this jerk cutting all his hay onto my job. I waited until he finished and took the lazer, pointed the discharge at his property and cut the whole section toward his property while he stood there watching me. The lazer threw the hay a lot further than his 28 in rider:).Every time before this I would have to bag this section, but after that day I have had no problems.(note)I never cut the grass towards the neighbors property,but this was an exception

9. you guys just made me think about the guys that cut my next door neighbor's house. i cut my lawn at 3" respectively. due to the drought, weed prevention, length of time between cuts, and other things. i cut my lawn either whenever i have the time, whenever it needs to be cut, or on fridays / saturdays. my next door neighbor has this guy that goes and does their lawn for them (they rent) these people go there and cut at i would assume about 2 inches or less. i know it is right around 2" no more. maybe less. they cut it on either a monday or a tuesday. i try to cut on only friday. they cant even stripe a lawn. they go and make big circles. they have their lawn fertilized by some company, and it looks green usually. but now with the drought it looks all burnt. what morons. my lawn is perfectly striped when i do it.

10. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I have not tried to talk to her. I just ignore her to minimize her fuss. My first spot I mow is the disputed border area. So she never sees me there. I mow at 3" they mow lower so that isnt an issue.

Like the "revenge" thread. I have thought of all kinds if bizarre things to mess with her. I always leave it at that. I think some of them would make good skits on Sat night live however. I agree that professionalism is the key. It is a neighborhood with nice homes and potential business.

I will weed whack the section next week to see if my mower treading on that small spot is the issue. If she still acts up I will send her a Border Patrol application.