1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

NWS Fall Temperature stats for Florida

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by zturncutter, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Its weird...but im def not complaining
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

over 2 inches of rain here plus more on the way for the next two days. I worked thru this past weekend to catch up from last weeks rain, now sitting the next few days from all this rain.

3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Isn't that the truth. I've been running behind all summer. It finally looked like I might be able to catch up. Now I'm going to be mostly parked for the first three days of the week. Those yards that were flooded back in August will be in exactly the same shape again.

I just hate sitting around falling farther behind. And customers seem to forget that it's rained for days about as soon as the sun comes out.

4. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Some properties just are not going to get cut this week. I have put up the good fight all summer but at this point the ground is so saturated that if we have an inch of rain fall it just sits on top of the soil, no way to mow and not rip up the lawns.

5. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

That is a FACT!
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

I haven't serviced a property yet this week and won't. Will be the first time since 2008 that we've had to miss a whole week!

7. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

same here. I had some spotty rain this morning, but did go out around 3pm to do some shrub trim touch ups on a couple clients yards. I seen a few yo-yo's out cutting and the yards looked horrible. There is standing water everywhere. I will go out tomorrow and check some of my nicer yards and see if they can be mowed, if not, just edge them up and tell them I will see them next week.

8. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

Likewise. I got 2 shrub trims scheduled for tomorrow and will try and mow a vacant property for a good client.

9. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

We missed the brunt of the rain. They were calling for upwards of 7". We got maybe 2" from Monday til yesterday morning.