1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

NYS licensing

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by jdutcher003, Apr 30, 2012.

1. jdutcher003

jdutcher003 LawnSite Member

So this year and last year I have been getting 5 or 6 calls from my website and people are asking for fertilizer and pesticides. I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction as to where I can take classes and become licensed to do these things.

I figured it would be a great step to help me build my business. I am a solo operator right now and this could help out my business a lot.

Any advice is appreciated as to where I can get classes to take and how to become licensed
  2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Go to the DEC website and click on your region. Give them a call but most of the info is there. This time of year it's hard to find classes for the 30 hr core.But you really need to think about if it worth it now. 200.00 a year for license,1000.00 every 3 years for business permit. Plus you need extra insurance for pesticide use. Then you need 10 credits every 3 years.