O.C.D. or OCDC?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SpartanBill, Jul 17, 2007.

1. SpartanBill

SpartanBill LawnSite Member

I just wanted to get some opinions, Bag or OCDC. I need to get one or the other for my w/b, I have several accts. I can't keep the clipping out of the beds(nobody has complained yet but it looks like sh*t) . I also do a lot of 1st cuts of new sod for builders, which require clippings to be collected (i usually rake and blow out so I don't have to deal with the crazy amount of clippings). Plus I'm not sure if a bagger will fit on my 5' x 10' trailer.

Thanks for any suggestions

2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I'd go ocdc. You don't want to have to load & carry clippings around all day.
  3. treemonkey

treemonkey LawnSite Member

Hey, SpartanBill

I have OCD, but it's treatable with medication. Does that advice help any?

I too need to get an OCDC for my workplace Exmark HP 56. Let us know what you get and how well it works.

Spartan = ties to MOO U ????
  4. SpartanBill

CARCRZ, that's kinda what i was thinking.

I'v looked at a couple manual operated($200), but for an extra $60 the powerchute is looking pretty good. Has anybody out there tried it yet.

Go Green
  5. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

Its more like $285.00 shipped and it works well. The York looks best to me if you want a lever operated. I think its at yorksheet.com and its called The Director.
  6. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

I offer optional bagging at an additional charge, for lawns that have beds that will get grassy I have mandatory bagging. Be careful I charged too little for it the first year and many ppl signed up and I was pizzed at myself, this year I priced it correctly and its like picking up 5 new customers.
  7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Baggers are nice to have for clean-ups but for mowing you need a ocdc. I have built my own and with success and i have fooled around with some of the junk ones manufactured. But lately I have been using Powerchute. Well worth the money. I was hesitent before thinking that i could easily break it but I have smacked it into sign posts and such with no breakage. I love the Powerchute very good product. In fact i'd like to get two more of them and I probably will before the season is up.:)
  8. causalitist

causalitist LawnSite Senior Member

do they make a Powerchute for a 48" WB turboforce?

could use one.
  9. mauler01

mauler01 LawnSite Member

honestly i dont know how anyone even mows without an ocdc. my 60 will throw grass 10'. it was a nightmare around flower beds and cars. its the best 200 you can spend. i got mine for 150 on ebay.
  10. SpartanBill

I can mow just fine w/o its the clippings in the beds and clean up I have a problem with.:laugh: Thanks for the ebay tip.

DLCS, thanks for the duribility test, I was wondering how well it would hold up.

If I add a power source can it be run on a w/b?

Thanks again,