O Good Lord!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grass_Slayer, Feb 24, 2002.

1. Grass_Slayer

Grass_Slayer LawnSite Member

just went to the lawn and garden show in jackson, tn. i saw the awesomest zt ever. it is a dixie chopper, i always knew they were the fastest mowers in the world but i had no idea they made one like this. it had twin kawi 23hp vtwins on it!!!!!! i have never even seen a mower come anywhere close to this. i dont know if it is new or old but it was so awesome!!! and only 11,400 at the show!!!

2. Subur N Turbin

3. Grass_Slayer

thats it i just couldnt remember the name of it. does anybody have one, it looked almost like it was too extravigant.

4. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

I have never seen one either, not that it matters. I am curious as to why, or what the purpose is to having two engines on it. How large of a deck does it have? Do both motors drive the one deck? This just seems strange to me.

5. No MFG make a vert engine over 25hp, so DC put 2 on for double the hp.

They both have clutches and run all the same stuff.

6. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 23 horsepower kaw on a lazer, and could only imagine what it would be like with two of them. From what the people say that have them on the posts about them, I can sum it up in two words ZOOM ZOOM :D

7. Hookset

Hookset LawnSite Member

I was there in Jackson it was the Dixie Chopper, first one I've seen up close. I can see why these younger guys are so impressed. Me, my hot rod days are over. I wasn't impressed with the chains and sprokets on the deck. It must burn about a gallon of fuel to the hour.

8. Grass_Slayer

it just looked awesome, kinda like one of those jet engined mowers. i dont think it could be very practical just cause it uses so much gas. and hookset have u been to the river lately?

9. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy LawnSite Senior Member

dixie used to do that with yanmar engines too, i believe. i thought i saw it a few times in TURF, PRO, or GROUNDS MAINTENANCE magazine.

10. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

Surburb N' Turbin?