O.K. i'm a little freaked out

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by grass disaster, Apr 21, 2007.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

got a dreaded letter from the telephone company. they are planning on putting in a new fiber line. which will mean that they will be doing some diggging.

they have the the residential yards all around town look like crap, from last year yet. the boxes they put in the ground seem to settle 10". they just do sloppy work. i have a big front yard. if they dig and start destroying my lawn i'm going to freak out!!!

i was told last year that they wern't doing my street because it was a newer line in there already????????

lawnlawn.JPG

2. TriPLandscaping

TriPLandscaping LawnSite Member

Atleast theres one good point to this. After the telephone company is done you can go around and fix the people's lawn

3. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

hopefully they dont have to dig up your yard for a box and just put the boxes on your niehbors yard and pull the cables under your yard.

4. grass disaster

yes i agree. they are putting in those smaller underground boxes now. i already have a large green above ground box in between me and my neighbor. it's centered on the proberty line. it's not an eye sore really it has landscape rock around it.

the box is off to the left of this pic

lawnlawnn.JPG

5. VO Landscape Design

VO Landscape Design LawnSite Senior Member

You have nothing to worry about. You KNOW they will do a crappy job. Same here 2 years ago with the gas company, oh yes we will make it look like it did before. Poor guy had to back out the door sideways his nose grew so much!! Then the next year the water company did the same thing only different spot. Still working too get that looking decent.
    VO

6. grass disaster

i wonder if i can tell them that i don't want them to put seed down. i'm sure they have some walmart grass seed that they put down.