O.k....you Guys Win!

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by cenlo, Mar 24, 2005.

1. cenlo

cenlo LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

It seems like I need a "vibe plow" So now my question is which one? Keep in mind all of our lots are small (4-6 zone, maybe 3000-4000 ft2 of lawn). Also I don't want to break the bank. (I'd love to drive a Porsche, but I can only afford a Ford) In my area you can't rent equipment like that!

Thanks....................................................again! :)

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Who will repair and maintain the vibratory plow? If you can only choose what can be supported in Ontario, then <a href=http://www.bmcdowell.com/>McDowell</a> in Sudbury, a Case distributor, might be your closest source. They make the <a href=http://www.casece.com/products/products_detail.asp?RL=NAE&ID=79>'Sneaker'</a> machines. At their distance from Sault Ste Marie, you could also look across the border at distributors for Vermeer and Ditch-Witch, either of which might have used machines for sale. Older machines are going to show up here and there. A good older machine could be had for less than $10,000 US - new ones run twice that. Older machines with worn hydraulics and bushings work less effectively than new ones. Explore the discussion threads here for some specific vibratory plow info.

3. Broker

Broker LawnSite Senior Member

Where are you located in Canada? I have a maxi for sale with trailer thrown in. The sneaker is loaded with duallies, rock trencher, plow with blade and newer boring kit. For 6000usd. If interested I will check the hours, bring it to you and accept credit cards.

4. cenlo

from Ontario

I am located on the Michigan border, about 7 hours from Chicago and 6 hours fron Detroit.

5. Broker

Let me know if you want me to check the hours.

6. cenlo

from Ontario

The problem is I have no idea about the unit. I wouldn't know if it's a good deal or not. I wouldn't know if it's the right unit or not. I could be a great deal or a piece of crap. (nothing personal) I'm not sure how I could make the deal happen?

7. Broker

Point well taken. If you become knowledgeable and are interested then you know where you can reach me. Take Care

8. telcomac

telcomac LawnSite Member

Try looking at Line Ward.com. They have a great machine. I've been using mine for two years. Last year we installed about 850 zones and a lot of pipe! Never had a problem. They are located in Buffalo, NY
    Green Zone

9. Broker

That would be a good option for someone with your needs in Canada.

10. Broker

Thinking about it, the Line Ward should fit your needs exactly. It is a small machine which would work out a lot better with the small yards you described. I am sure they can finance you if need be. Good Luck